Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Pumpkin Carving

Imagine that your kids actually know what they are doing when they are carving pumpkins. Now, bring yourself back to reality and appreciate that they are trying to do the right thing. Cole is working on pulling out the icky parts while Nikki draws a face on one of her pumpkins.



When we got pumpkins, we got REALLY BIG ones. (See "Gearing up for Halloween" post). Yep, that means that the MONDO pumpkins have to be carved. Which means they also have to be scraped. A lot.


I don't know how much any pumpkin on its own weighed, but we scraped at least 15 pounds of flesh and string from the four that we carved. Yes, I said POUNDS. I told you they were MONDO!!

Nikki took the marker to the smallest pumpkin...the one I kept calling a strawberry. Admit it, it kind of looks like one, doesn't it? Well, maybe a deranged strawberry.


Nikki admires her handiwork while Cole continues to slave away at his ENORMOUS pumpkin. He picked it out, but I picked it up...what did we learn here?


No comments: