Thursday, November 09, 2006

Halloween in the PNW

Of course the kids and I talked about their costumes LONG before the 30th of October, but we didn't actually get to consider the options until then. Cole desperately wanted to be Obi-Wan Kenobi (you know, the patient and capable teacher of Anakin Skywalker on Star Wars?), since his Darth Vader costume that I got last year was still WAAAAAAY too big. I don't recommend going shopping (even at the SPIRIT Halloween store) the day before the BIG DAY. In fact, I don't recommend going shopping the day before any BIG DAY, but sometimes it can't be helped. At least Cole got to be a bonafide Cowboy Sheriff and Nikki found the makings of a Mouse, even if her ears are a little floppy.


We started at our house and went to the other house on our street that was handing out candy. Since there wasn't a lot of activity, we loaded up around 7:30 and headed to our friends' house in Buckley. The kids and I jumped out while Craig and Doug handed out candy. I think it took about 15 minutes to hit a dozen houses. I couldn't imagine being outside much longer than that (did I mention that it was just above FREEZING?). All in all, the kids got a HUGE haul and looked great while doing it.


We got back to the house and checked out the candy stash then left the kids to watch tv while the adults visited (I didn't have enough antifreeze in my veins). After about 1 hour upstairs, we came down to one dozing child. Is this the result of a sugar rush? Nope, just a little on the sleepy side...who says kids are like the Energizer bunny?


1 comment:

Double A's Mom said...

That is the sweetest picture of Cole. It looks like you had a great Halloween.