Friday, March 02, 2007

Blue and Gold Ceremony

Tonight was the Blue and Gold Ceremony for Cole's Cub Scout Pack. I have been getting quite the education in the Scouts, since I was a Girl Scout my whole career, and I will share my education with you.

This is the ceremony where the boys make decorations and put on skits and invite family and friends for a feast and presentation of badges and other accomplishments. They help plan the events and participate in the Flag Ceremony to open and close the ceremony. Each den had 2 scouts participate in the ceremony and Cole was part of this.

I was concerned that Cole would not get very much when it was time to present, so after he finished his Bobcat badge (this is the first one you get), I pushed him to complete his Wolf badge. I figured he'd get 2 badges and 2 more beads and then he wouldn't look like he was slacking, even though he only started the first week of January.

I was way off. Nobody told me that they get a bizillion "segments" for accomplishments along the way. He got the "Skills" badge, the "Blue & Gold 2007" badge, 11 segments, "Bobcat" badge, "Wolf" badge, and the rest of his beads. He also got a "Belt Loop" for Culture. I suppose now I have to get him the official Cub Scout belt so he can wear his loop with pride. And I am nuts with figuring out how to apply all of the segments in the easiest way possible to the red vest.

Once I get the vest put together, I will post a picture. Until then, this one will have to do. Look at my proud Scout!


Until next time!

No comments: