Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Is This Weird?

Guess what we did today? After laying new tile in our laundry room and I was up until 0200 grouting the new tile so we could put our washer and dryer in our laundry room, I was ready to have an easy day. But I got to put on the happy Army Officer's wife face and go to Camp Murray with my husband. We went there because about 30 people wanted to see him. These people wanted to see him because the Army decided that he should be a Major after all, effective Jun 2002.

Is this weird? I mean, not only is he being pinned retroactively, he is also being pinned in a uniform he has NEVER worn, by a unit that he was not in when the promotion was to be effective, and to top it all off, as a retired guy. WOW! Gotta love the Armed Forces! Now, when we get the backpay, I will believe that he really is a Major.


I know it's hard to tell, but Nikki is attaching the Gold Oak Leaf to his uniform. With these ACUs, everything is hook & loop, so all she has to do is "slap" it on. How's that for easy?

No comments: