Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Tooth Fairy

Well, I guess my baby isn't a baby anymore. Nikki lost her very first tooth on Saturday and the Tooth Fairy has visited her for the first of what will be many visits. I suppose I should get over it and remember that I believe that each milestone should be celebrated and not met with dread, but when it's your youngest one.... It seems like only yesterday that I was holding her in my arms. Wait, that was yesterday. But she was a lot smaller in the memory I'm thinking of.

Why do we say they "lose" a tooth? It isn't lost, it's just not in the mouth and then we place it oh-so carefully under our pillow for the Tooth Fairy to take and leave behind money. What does the Tooth Fairy do with all those teeth anyway?

Here's a picture for those of you who don't know what my kids look like when they lose a tooth.



Aren't they darling?

1 comment:

Double A's Mom said...

They ARE darling but does Cole need me to come up there and smack him? 'Cause I'll do it! O.K., maybe not. Anyway, yay for Nikki!